The Curmudgeon

YOU'LL COME FOR THE CURSES. YOU'LL STAY FOR THE MUDGEONRY.

Monday, August 10, 2015

Focus! Group!


Quite some time ago now, I received an email from one of this weblog's veteran lurkers and occasional commenters, asking if I'd be interested in producing a song lyric. Since I knew nothing at all about such things, I said I'd give it a try. He sent me the instrumental track and I managed to squeeze out a few stanzas. That veteran lurker and occasional commenter was the mild-mannered alter ego of Mad Roland, and his completed album, Focus! Group!, comprises twelve songs in various registers of grief and annoyance at the world's multifarious insanities. There is a pleasing Lydonic tinge to both the vocals and the lyrics, but with less punkish posturing and (one can only hope) less autobiography; there is also (most overtly on the tenth track, "Pain") some very impressive guitarring. The album is available for download at the link, at the uniquely fair price of whatever you care to pay.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:19 pm , Blogger Unknown said...

    Thanks Philip. As this counts as my first review, I hope you don't mind me plundering it for any blurb I send out.

    Keep up the good work. I think you've been on cracking form lately, helped out, I should say, by the deranged lunatics who run the whole show, who keep coming up with new and ever more fantastic absurdities to take aim at.

     
  • At 12:11 am , Blogger Philip said...

    Thank you. I'm not sure what the etiquette is on being reviewed by your own contributors, but it feels like the way of the future, so plunder away.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home